Sunday, January 13, 2008

Short Story: The Container

"I hate my life! Why must it be me? Why can't it be my brothers and sisters instead? I just hate it!"
`
Dear diary,
`
It has been two days ever since she took me home. I know I should be grateful that she willing to keep me, away from dust and the stupid old man who seems to be ignoring me. Everything is fine, or at least i think it is. I just don't like the food she's providing me.
`
Yes, I know. Don't be picky over the food. But, I've been dreaming of tasting something different, like bread and sweets, instead of plain dust or insects! Again, yes, she's feeding me with insects, the dead ones. Yuck! That's not it. She brought me to this room, which smells and dark. I'm afraid of dark! Thank God there are the others too, my relatives, but, they don't seem to be as cheerful as they used to be. Also, I noticed we have something else in common too, being fed with insects.
`
I tried to come up with some ways to get rid of the insects within me and I did. I got the rat nearby to clear them for me. What a brilliant idea, don't you think? Well, there's another thing about this plan though, the rat stepped on me too, which dirtied my outfit.
`
Anyway, back to the plan I was talking about. I thought I would have teach them a lesson, the girl and her friends I mean. Unfortunately, I failed. They somehow managed to get more weird looking insects and stuff them in me! Oh dear. Longhorn, Orange Tip, Leaf Hopper and so on. Gross! To make it worse, they added in naphthalene and wrapped me up! And now, I'm here with all my relatives, spending the rest of our life in this dark little rooms, with the preserved insects in us.
`
Till then I shall write again.
`
The Container