Saturday, November 10, 2007

Assumption

At a friend's teahouse, they have one monkey in one cage and another two in the other. Comparing to the couple, the monkey looked somehow lonely to me, sitting at one corner. Is the monkey not sad being a loner, while the other two cuddling together? Wonder what it would say if we can ever communicate. I told my friend what I was thinking. Guess what he said? "They are sleeping you doink!" All this while I was only making my own assumption, instead of knowing how it really felt. Isn't it the same when it comes to the others? Not to say all, but mostly. Let's say we are out with a group. When one is not as cheerful as we expect him to be, we usually start asking how he is and so on. No one knows how one is feeling, not to mention sometimes that particular person too does not know what is in his mind. Anyway, we assume because we care. Somehow, someway. *wink*