Friday, November 9, 2007

Appreciation

I accompanied a friend to find something suitable for his ex. We walked from one shop to another, spent at least 10 minutes each. To be honest, that was the first time ever I've seen a guy cracking his head over what he should get for a girl. With my own eyes that is, as I don't usually get the chance to witness such incidents. "It's very hard to get something for a girl, specially your girlfriend. If you want to give her a surprise, worse. You have to make sure she doesn't know you're buying her anything nor does she knows you are out at the mall. Not to mention you will have a hard time deciding what to buy," my friend said. I somehow felt sorry for the boys. Well, not that kind of sorry, but something, indescribable. More like appreciation, perhaps? We usually take things for granted when receiving a present or something similar. Hardly, probably the right word, we realise the heart they have put in, together with the gift. Does not matter a necklace, a key chain or just simply, a card. Thank you boys, and girls. *wink*